Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm Back!

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted! I justified myself by saying, "I'm a busy mom; I just don't have time right now, etc. etc." While that is, indeed true, surely I can take a few minutes to compile something, can't I?

Many things have been simmering in the back of my mind and every time I would think to myself that it was worth blogging about but somehow those posts just never materialized.

Why?

Perhaps I was looking to write the perfect post. Is the grammar correct? Is the subject matter interesting enough? Do I have a picture to go with it? When I look at creating posts in this way, I quickly find something else on my 'to do' list which is long enough anyway.

When one has a tendency toward perfectionism, the tendency can be to do nothing rather than to do something wrong. Somehow, that does not seem like the right response, does it? So, if you, my dear readers, can put up with less than perfect posts, I will attempt to begin posting regularly. As a way of holding myself accountable, how about I start with three posts per week. Does that sound doable?

What do you do to motivate yourself to do things that seem daunting to you?

2 comments:

  1. Just do it! With writing, I used to make myself write for 30 minutes a day. Through my journal, I began finding nuggets I felt worth blogging. Do keep it up, even if you think no one is reading it. You'll be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! Did you journal every day even when your kids were small? I agree, just doing it is important. Remembering your words made me just post my latest post. I had wanted to include a picture of a daffodil but somehow it didn't work, grrrr. I felt like just quitting but remembered JJ saying "Just do it". So there you are. Your circle of influence is widening! :-)

    ReplyDelete