Thursday, March 31, 2011

What's With the Title?

You may have been wondering why I would have called my blog Coney's Crevice. What's a coney and what is it doing in a crevice?

In the King James Version of the Bible Proverbs 30:26 reads as follows: "The conies are but a feeble folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks".

I am not a mighty, powerful person. I am definitely not on any "who's who" list :-) My job is not glamourous neither do I have spectacular titles. I am an ordinary wife and mother but I serve a great King. Even though I am weak, I am strong in Christ. Conies aren't strong, yet they build their homes in rocks.

One of my favourite hymns is "A Wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord.....He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock...." Another word for "cleft" is "crevice"; hence the title "Coney's Crevice."

I found the following definition of coney, a.k.a. hyrax on thefreedictionary.com

Noun1.hyraxhyrax - any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes
eutherian, eutherian mammal, placental, placental mammal - mammals having a placenta; all mammals except monotremes and marsupials
family Procaviidae, Procaviidae - includes all recent members of the order Hyracoidea
Procavia capensis, rock hyrax, rock rabbit - hyrax that lives in rocky areas
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.


1 comment:

  1. I love your Blog Title and the meaning behind it! Yes, we are unknown, but we build our homes in the Rock. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete